Monday, November 19, 2012

Finding My South


Today I sat in my car with the window down.  It was cold.  The sky was clear. Outside I saw a flock of birds.  They were beautiful and free.  I was in awe.  I couldn’t help but wonder though, what were they doing.  They kept circling and circling in the sky.  Almost as if they were unsure which direction to go.  I wonder if they were planning their flight south for the winter, but they couldn’t find the direction to go.

At times I feel that way in my life. I am unsure of my path.  Nor do I trust my heart.  I wonder if you do too. 

Finally after several long moments, the birds swooped one more time.  This time they were heading south.  Flying as if they knew exactly where they were supposed to go. 

I felt happier watching them.   I don’t know why exactly.  But somehow I got this feeling that soon I will stop circling, and I will go where I am supposed to be.  Become the person I want to be.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not under the impression that I will always know the direction to go, sometimes I will circle.  But I hope I will always have faith in God and myself to once again find my path south.

I hope as winter draws near, you will find your own south and be warm and happy.

Best Wishes,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment